ACP Fish II Programme is looking for a ICT/Data management expert to carry out a short -term technical assistance project in Namibia
The consultant will:
Brief with Regional Manager for Southern Africa (RM for SA) of ACP Fish 2 and with DPPE;
In consultation with DPPE, establish a technical team which will be involved in the project implementation;
Make an assessment of the existing information and data management structure and procedures in place at MFMR;
Proposing/adopting revision to the current software and procedures used for the FIMS;
Conduct on-the-job training activities aiming at strengthen MRMF capacity of efficient/effective data collecting and management and procedures;
Prepare guidelines for the set up of a more effective and efficient data management and M&E system
The indicative number of working days for this expert is 21.
Guidelines for the set up of a more effective and efficient data management system and M&E system drafted
A selected group of DPPE staff is trained (on the job training) on data managemen
Qualifications and skills
The study will be undertaken by a ICT/Data management expert. The selected consultant should be able to demonstrate a successful history of consultancy engagements in a field related to the Terms of Reference.
• A degree or equivalent in a relevant subject area (e.g. Economics, Statistic, Information Technologies, Engineering);
• The expert should have a high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
General professional experience
• Minimum 8 years of experience in data management, statistics and ICT;
• Excellent communication, report-writing and project management skills.
Specific professional experience
• Previous experience in setting up of/revision of fisheries data management/M&E systems;
• Previous experience in data systems set up and management training;
• Experience in the region/country.
Additional in formation:
The project is expected to start as soon as the expert is recruited and the starting date is indicative and flexible (the final one need to be agreed with the fisheries administration in Namibia) . Pls beware that this is a global price contract of 9.974 Euro which includes fees for the consultancy, travel allowances, international and local travels and all the incidental expenditure. Budget cannot be increased and no further cost are eligible
If you are interested so pls submit a CV in the format in annex to email@example.com.